Monday, July 30, 2012

Oshkosh Week!

The week of Oshkosh has come and gone.  Fairly fast as usual.  I took the week off and did some building and I bought some more tools at Oshkosh.

Tonight I clamped bulkhead for station 114.75 in place.  Once my 300 Clecos arrive, I will start assembling the tail cone and epinage.  The bulkhead is on the center line and looking good.

I ordered a self leveling spinning laser level to check the horizontal reference line. (HRL)  It should be delivered this week.
During the times I was not at Oshkosh, I made some headway on the forward fuselage.  Made some final trim cuts on the side skins and the top skin.

Drilled #40 holes and Clecoed with the silver 3/32nd Clecos.  When the 300 copper  1/8th Clecos arrive this week I will enlarge the holes.

Once enlarged & Clecoed, I will be able to work towards the tail!
I have also been playing around with the placement of the header tank.  You can barely see the filler neck in this shot up against the upper skin.

Just about ready to drill a hole through the skin for the tank cap.
A new toy I picked up at Harbor Freight in Racine, Wi.  A 30" sheet metal bender.  It was pretty inexpensive and should come in handy for bending the tail doubler and other parts.

There was a pneumatic powered punch flange tool I am thinking of ordering.

Lots of fun, now it's back to work!

BWW

No comments:

Post a Comment