Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flap Kit Continued

Between helping my father in-law and sister in-law (both are quite ill) I was able to put some more time in on the flap project for the Mustang II. Stopped by the hardware store and picked up a pair of flanging pliers. They worked great!

I was able to assemble the flap spar, flap hinge, and lower flap skin together with the few Clecos I had (need about 150 more!!!!). The Sears Craftsman spring clamps I got a couple of years ago sure helped.
Reviewing the plans and assembly instructions is very similar to building an RC plane. Only instead of wood it is made from aluminum and i
nstead of glue it is bonded together with solid rivets. (I've done practice rivets, but no rivets in the plane yet!)

Back at work tomorrow. We'll see if I can get some more Clecos by the end of the week.



My 1st rivets.......ever! Not great, but do-able.

Later,
BWW

1 comment:

  1. My coworkers said you should set up a time lapse camera somewhere on a tripod or mount where it will not be moved so we can all watch and see changes. :)

    ReplyDelete