Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Flap Kit arrives

The starter flap kit arrived on Friday, April 9th. The wife found it lying in the side yard about 1 hour before I went to work.

Today, I opened the crate and took inventory of the parts and prints. They seem to have thought of everything right down to a practice riveting kit. So, after the inventory I set 6 rivets with the riveting gun. Not too bad. It felt better then I expected.

I did the first couple of steps in the instructions such as cutting the flap hinge to the correct length, marking the center lines on the lower flap skin and spar, and checking the angles on the spar and the ribs.

I found I am going to need flanging pliers and some duck bill pliers to adjust the angles of the ribs and the spar. I'll check out the hardware store tomorrow.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment