Sunday, November 13, 2011

Forward Fuselage Construction (Continued!)

I continued on with construction of the forward fuselage this weekend.

I started with the upper fuel tank supports, left and right.  I made a former block from some plywood I had around.  I cut the curve with a Roto Zip tool and a circle cutter.

Since the part is a compound curve, I cut the curve over size and used a belt sander to shape the formers to match the prints.  They came out pretty good.

I bolted the left side into the former blocks and placed it in a vice, tightened down so it will not move.



Take careful aim........
Whack! Whack! Whack!  (I hope this is right!!??)
Whack! Whack! Whack!  (Another tab bent down.)







Whack! Whack! Whack!  (A couple of more to do!  Blarg!, I hope I did this right!!??)







OK!  Looks OK.


In fact, it looks pretty good if I do say so myself!  Let's mount the other one in the fixture.  (Right side.)  We just need to bend the tabs on this one in the opposite direction.

 Hey, Not to bad.  A right and left side aux. former for the fuel tank support in the forward fuselage.  Part #240.3810

Here is a shot of the fuel tank mounting brackets "Clecoed" to the supports.  Part #240.3820

That shot a day.  Now to get finished with the firewall.

Later,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment