Saturday, August 11, 2012

The instructions say to build the tail cone on the airframe and on a table/work surface.  I had some left over plywood from the MII kit and built a work surface today.

My big question was what is the angle from station 114.75 to 209.5?  How many degrees?  As near as I could tell from the plans it is approximately 4 degrees.  So, I picked this as a starting point.

The work surface is about 4 degrees.  It may be a little steep.

I braced it for my weight when I get inside for riveting at a later date.  It will be anchored to the floor with some Hilti concrete bolts on the center line when all is good.












Test clamped the 209.5 and 205 bulkheads to the work surface.  Tomorrow I will setup the spinning laser and see if the HRL lines up.  Could be an interesting day.








I made a doubler for the tail end to support the landing gear and a heavy landing.  I only hope the work surface lines up OK with the HRL.

Later,
Brian W.

No comments:

Post a Comment