Sunday, October 30, 2011

Start of Forward Fuselage

I finally leveled the CS wing in the fixture.  Looking pretty good.  Now I have the next phase of the build ahead.  Constructing the forward fuselage.  I clamped the upper fuselage stringers in place and removed the CS leading edges.
Next, I test fitted the forward fuselage side skins.  Had to make some rough cuts to adjust the fit.  The skins came pre shaped and marked up.  I measured and marked again just to be sure before I cut any metal.
 Here the skins are roughed in and clamped.  Before I can go any further I need to complete construction of the fire wall.
Side skins in place.  I will probably need to take the skins on and off a few times before calling this complete.  Lots to contemplate over the next week.

Later,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment