Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Preparation for Kit Delivery

I ordered the 1st half of the deluxe kit about mid October. The assembly manual and prints came with in a week of the order. Delivery of the kit should be late December or early January 2011.

I have read the manual a few times and gone through the prints. Very similar to building an RC airplane. Just that this one is made from aluminum. (I borrowed Dan H's manual this summer and read it cover to cover.)


I took prints 240.001 & 240.002, sheets 1 & 2, and made copies. I cut the copies and aligned the "center" lines and glued them to some 3/4" styrofoam board.

These prints are to 1/2 scale of the side view and top view of the fuselage of the aircraft. I will use these "mock" ups as reference during construction. I will not take any measurements from these. (Measure on originals only!)


I still have a couple of more weeks of leaf pick up before I swap the mower deck for the snow blower on the John Deer. (Johnny) Moving the snow blower will give me a little leg room under the print table.

I added more lights for my old eyes. These should be satisfactory for assembly of the plane. The work/assembly bench has been holding together very well. I will look at repositioning it when the kit is delivered.

For now all I have to do is wait. I'll probably look through the prints and manual again looking for things I can improve before assembly or details I may need during assembly.

So long for now! Brian W.

No comments:

Post a Comment