Friday, April 5, 2013

Flap Hinge Riveted to CS

 OK, getting ready for some major riveting this weekend.  I have a lot of clean up to complete prior to Dan H. arriving.  The garage is a mess with the aftermath of a long winter.

Tomorrow promises to be a warm day of 60+ weather and I will take full advantage of it to warm the garage.

This week, after work, I was able to complete assembly of the flap hinge to the trailing edge of the center section.  I needed to get this area done prior to my push for riveting to occur this weekend.



I used solid AN426AD-3-4.5 to connect the lap hinge to the trailing edge of the center section lower skin.  I used Cherry Max 4-4 pull rivets to connect the flap reinforcement to the CS Spar.

It came out pretty good and structurally sound.


When I completed the hinge installment, I started Clecoing together the tail cone, bulkheads, and foreword fuselage for final riveting.

Here is a shot of the baggage floor Clecoed in place.

I'm not sure how far we will get this weekend.  This will be a big push forward and when this riveting is completed, 75% of the fuselage will be complete.  Will I ever get the plane out of the fixture and onto the gear?

BWW

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Brian! Any updates on your work? I’m pretty excited on the results of your project. Can’t wait to see that plane flying in the air! And thank you for sharing that video about riveting. Riveting is very delicate work. It entails accuracy and precision to make sure that the rivets are fastened correctly. Well, you and Dan made the job look pretty easy! -Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette,

      Thank you for your comments. I have made very little progress in the last few months. Plan on getting back at it after Oshkosh Fly In. Riveting is kind of fun and goes pretty fast once you get the hang of it. If Dan and I can do riveting anyone can.

      Brian

      Delete
  2. You have shared a great information about Flap Hinge and Lift Off Hinge.Which are very informative for us.Thanks

    ReplyDelete