Sunday, July 22, 2012

Progress so far...

So,here I am today.  July 22, 2012.  Still working on the forward fuselage.  It is getting tighter to get into with each part I add to the plane.


I am placing and marking where some of the top skin braces go.
You can see the header tank brackets attached to the firewall.


The floor is held in place by 10/32 bolts into anchor nuts.  The floor channels and tunnel are riveted together at this time.  The side skins wrap around under and are Clecoed to the channels.
















The forward fuselage with many Clecos holding it together.  I have run out of the 1/8" copper colored Clecos again.  When I am at Oshkosh this week I will try and get 300 more.  (Probably 100 more of the 3/32" silvers.)


I have a few trim cuts on the side skins and top skin.  Don't know if I should debur, dimple, & rivet, or start assembling the epinage.  I will need to contact the builders group to see what others have done. 










Shot of the progress so far.  Lots to do!!!


I try and make a little progress each day.  Sometimes it is very hard to do.


Slow and steady wins the race!






Later,
Brian 







Can I fly yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment