Sunday, September 15, 2013

One more thing.......

Thursday was exciting.  At about 01:30 pm the tornado sirens started going off in Kenosha, Wisconsin.  I could see it was dark to the northeast and headed for home.  On the way I spotted a large stovepipe funnel that appeared to be over Lake Michigan heading south.  When I pulled into town I decided to cruise on down to North Point Marina to get a view.

What a view!  It was spectacular!  It went through many very rapid changes.
This is a shot Chris made of the same shot I made in the proceeding picture.  (The one above.)  She had a more southerly viewing point looking northeast while I shot my pic looking due east.  (Northern Unit of Illinois Beach State Park.)

 The rope is almost gone and the main water spout is expanding rapidly.  (Chris' shot.)
Main water spout has developed into a wedge.  It is huge!  (Chris again.)
 Huge wedge water spout from my location.  Pulling out over the lake.  On the move to the southeast.
(Mine.)

Final viewable funnel for Chris.  It is east of the outer marker for UGN runway 23.  It was a cool Thursday indeed!

Later,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment