Sunday, September 29, 2013

Completing final preparations for major riveting event





I have been dimpling and prepping  aluminum for weeks now.  Getting boring.

Here are the right and left tail cone skins all prepped for final assembly.



Bottom Tail cone skins.  Starting to assemble the tail end bulkheads and skin doublers.



Bulkhead 114.75 prepped and waiting for bottom skins and side skins.











I can't remember the number of this bulkhead.  I will look for it later.

Ready for a lot of little parts to Cleco and rivet to it.









 This is a doubler that gets riveted to the unknown bulkhead.

Here are a few of the many shims that will go in between the bulkheads and skins.

I have a few others to wrap up.  It is moving along.  Soon I will be able to start a very long riveting campaign.  That should take me through most of the fall months.

Later,

BWW

No comments:

Post a Comment