Sunday, September 22, 2013

Inspection Covers

 I finished up the right side inspection cover today.  It came out great.  Nice and large for my big hands.

The one on the left side is another story.


 There is a lot less room between the bulkheads and the lower skin.  So, I compromised and made it a true inspection cover.  I should be able to open it and see if there are any problems during annuals.  (1" by 3")

If there are any problems I should be able to make minor repairs.
A 1" hole saw to remove a big chunk.  I cut the pointy pieces off with a cutoff wheel and filed to my contour lines.

Very tight fit, but should be strong.
I made the backing plate from .040 as I did on the right side.

During the week I will debur and corrosion protect the parts.  Should be able to rivet assembly together.

I might be able to get most of the left skin deburred, dimpled, and corrosion protected by the end of the week if the weather holds.

Moving along.............

BWW

No comments:

Post a Comment