Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Sod Event

Ok, this has nothing to do with building an airplane, but it has everything to do with my time. (Honey do things.)

It started with trying to get the back yard to green up this spring. I ended up putting down 3600 square feet of sod.

We started by roto-tilling part of the back yard. In the end we did the whole thing.






I also ordered 5 yards of soil to fill in the low spots. We didn't get enough soil. We made do.

I probably should have ordered a few more yards of dirt. After we were done, I thought about a sprinkler system since we were watering daily.






The sod company starts cutting sod at the farm at 4 AM. The delivery was suppose to be by 6:30 AM. They didn't arrive until 9 AM. Lots of wasted time waiting.

The big tree's roots were sticking up out of the ground. Instead of covering them with soil and sod I built a free floating deck over them. It is in the shape of an Octagon. It looks pretty good.





So, we got a late start laying the sod. We still had it all down by 3 PM.

There I am watering the green. That was last weekend. This weekend I have been trying to put the deck on the Octagon.

Instead of just putting decking down what do I do? I choose to cut all the decking in the many octagon angles. 22.5, 67.5, and lots of 45 degree cuts. How fun......



Should be done with the project just in time to go back to work.

I'll get back to the build some day...........Brian



No comments:

Post a Comment