Saturday, March 23, 2013

MII Elevator Bell Crank

I had some problems with my apple computer and had to take it in to a dealer for updates.  While it was out I discovered more stuff to assemble on the Mustang.  Now that it is back here is what I worked on last weekend.

 Just behind the baggage compartment there is an assembly for the elevator bell crank.  The prints show a couple of angles, rudder cable pulleys, and the bell crank.

The assembly rivets to the bottom on station 114.75 bulkhead.  Kind of weak.





In the instruction book there is a drawing of an update for adding a gusset to beef the assembly up a bit.





I was able to find all the parts and start laying them out.  With the gussets providing support I am sure the elevator bell crank will go no where when it is really pushed to it's limits.











Here is one side roughed in and almost ready for deburing.  Now to make another......







Here it is clecoed and clamped to the bench.  Next week I will fit it in place behind the baggage compartment.

Right after I debur, dimple and corrosion protect the baggage compartment parts.

BWW

No comments:

Post a Comment